ABOUT TODAY’S CHALLENGE ACTITIVY
Recharging your relationship requires a strong emotional connection. And a strong emotional connection begins with understanding what makes your partner feel loved.
Today’s challenge activity is all about discovering your spouse’s “love language”. That means you’ll be working on learning how to love them how they want to be loved.
TODAY’S CHALLENGE OBJECTIVE
The goal here is to bring the love back, for you and your spouse. By learning what it is that makes them feel loved, you’ll build trust, friendship, and make memories.
If you and your spouse know what makes the other one feel loved, you’ll naturally incorporate those acts of love into your relationship, and you’ll see results in practically no time.
Step 1: Discover their "love language"
WHAT ARE THE LOVE LANGUAGES?
There are 5 love languages:
- words of affirmation – giving statements of love and support to your spouse
- acts of service – doing things for your spouse that you know they’ll appreciate, without being asked
- receiving gifts – giving a thoughtful gift to your spouse that they will find meaningful
- quality time – spending time with your spouse where you can dedicate your attention to them 100%
- physical touch – showing affection and love through cuddles, kisses, hugs, and sex
HOW DO I DISCOVER MY SPOUSE’S LOVE LANGUAGE?
Ask yourself this:
- When my spouse gets upset about something in our relationship, what is it usually about?
If you can answer that question, and put it into one of the categories above, then you’ve found your spouses love language!
BONUS: You can also go here to take a short quiz to discover your own love language!
Step 2: Act on it
PERFORM YOUR SPOUSE’S LOVE LANGUAGE
Choose an activity below that matches your spouse’s love language. It can take as little as 15 minutes!
- Words of Affirmation
- Say “I love you” to your spouse at least 5 times today.
- Write a love note that expresses why you fell in love with your spouse
- Choose 5 things you like about your spouse, and then tell them throughout the day
- Acts of Service
- Perform a chore for your spouse that you don’t normally do (dishes, vacuuming, laundry, etc.)
- Receiving Gifts
- Buy your spouse a flower bouquet, a box of chocolates, or something they would find meaningful and surprise them with it.
- Quality Time
- Set aside at least 15 minutes of time that you can give your undivided attention to your spouse. (Go on a walk, watch a movie together, go out to dinner, etc.)
- Physical Touch
- Make a point to be extra affectionate with hugs, kisses, hand-holding, and cuddles. It it’s in the cards for you, sex is also a great choice (but doesn’t have to be).
Step 3: Post about it!
In order to be eligible for the giveaway, you must post in the Happy Marriage Support Group about your experience (remember – bring positivity)!
Make sure to use the hashtag #rechargeyourrelationshipday2 (otherwise we won’t be able to find your post!)